Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4.1 Release Candidate is now available as a public download from the Adobe Labs.
Because it’s a “Release Candidate” it means that it has been tested and it is almost ready for “production”. It is being release as a Release Candidate so that the users could test it and provide feedback before it ships.
Here’s what’s new in Lightroom 4.1:
New camera support:
- Canon EOS 5D Mark III
- Lightroom 4 did not properly open external applications when using the “Edit In” functionality.
- Point Curve adjustments made in Lightroom 3 have been restored.
- Addressed performance issues in Lightroom 4, particularly when loading GPS track logs, using a secondary monitor, and the controls within the Develop module.
- Ability to update DNG previews and metadata for more than 100 photos has been restored.
- This update allows for improved viewing of subfolders and stacks in folders with a large number of photos.
- It was possible that a layout of a saved book could be lost after quitting Lightroom 4
Lightroom 4.1 Release Candidate can now be downloaded from Adobe Labs website. Here’s a link: