Fuji have now officially unveiled the brand new flagship – a new version of their X-T1 – now as Fuji X-T2.
Fuji call X-T2 an “ultimate mirrorless camera” and what a camera it is! Other than not having a full frame sensor, it is a fantastic camera!
image source: Fujifilm
The main two selling points are:
- 325 AF points AF system!
- 4K Video!
The new X-T2 now has a 325 AF points and this also includes 91 zone focusing points (X-T1 had 49). Fuji promises huge improvement in auto focusing, even at very low light levels.
With video, for the first time Fuji adds 4K Video recording to their mirrorless camera.
As for some other features and improvements:
- 24.3MP X-Trans CMOS III sensor (same as in new X-Pro2)
- Top mechanical shutter speed of 1/8000s
- Top electronical shutter speed of 1/32000s
- Joystick for selecting AF points (like on many DSLRs)
- Vertical Power Grip (additional) increasing maximum burst to 11fps
Fuji X-T2 will arrive in September and will cost $1600 for body only (should be around £1200 in the UK but we’ll see closer to the date).
For all details, go to Fuji website.