Do you have a Facebook Page?
Would you like to have a nice cover image on your facebook page?
You may have seen some stunning images on the top of facebook pages, called covers. But you may have also noticed that not all the facebook pages have nice cover images.
So I thought I would share with you how to create a cover image for your facebook page.
Even though facebook allows you to choose an image for your page cover from your existing images, doing this will not give you a professionally looking cover image. You will want to design something specific and tailored to your cover image like I did here for my facebook page:
Especially when it comes to dimensions of the images, they were not designed to be the same dimensions as the cover image. The cover image on a facebook page has an unusual shape.
Also, keep in mind some of the rules of facebook for creating your cover image:
Page’s cover photo may not:
- Encourage people to upload your cover to their personal timelines,
- Include price or purchase information, such as “40% off” or “Download it on YourURL.com,”
- Include contact information, like your website address, email, mailing address, or information that Facebook wants you to put in your Page’s “About” section,
- Include references to Facebook features or actions, such as “Like” or “Share” or an arrow pointing from the cover photo to any of these features,
- Include calls to action, such as “Get it now” or “Tell your friends.”
So now with all the information, watch the video to find out how to create a facebook cover image, what the dimensions should be and anything else you need to know. I hope you will enjoy it.
Next week, I will share with you how to create a Google+ cover image.